This past Saturday I did my first live cooking demo of the summer at the opening of the Litchfield Hills Farm Fresh Market. It was a beautiful day to be outside and my tasty strawberry bites seemed to be a big hit with shoppers!
Here’s the recipe.
- 1 quart fresh strawberries (Deeply Rooted Farm)
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, minced (Newgate Farms)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced (Newgate Farms)
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 1 tablespoon honey (Berry Ledges Apiary)
- 3-4 oz. chevre at room temperature (Beltane Farm)
- balsamic vinegar to taste (The Olive Oil Factory)
- Wash and hull the strawberries. Cut each strawberry in half. Set them aside.
- In a small bowl combine the chevre, toasted sliced almonds, minced mint, minced chives, and honey.
- Take a teaspoon or espresso spoon and gently top each strawberry half with some of the cheese mixture.
- Finally, drizzle a touch of balsamic vinegar over each topped berry.
- No goat cheese? Try mascarpone or cream cheese.
- This makes a wonderful hors d’oeuvre served on a large platter with toothpicks or create individual portions as appetizers for a sit-down brunch.