After what turned out to be a very frustrating “day at the office” I was indeed comforted by the fact that dinner would be ready and waiting for me upon my return home. All I can say is thank goodness for my Crock-Pot.
This ridiculously easy to make soup hit the spot that night and there was enough of it for us to enjoy the rest of the week.
- 3 lbs pork butt
- 4 cups cooked hominy
- 1 pint roasted tomatillo salsa
- 1 green chile, minced
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 cups chicken stock
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Garnish (optional): Sliced avocado, warm corn tortillas, lime wedges
- Season the pork butt with salt and pepper. Place into a 5-quart slow cooker.
- Add all the remaining ingredients.
- Put on the lid and cook on low for 8-9 hours.
- When done, remove pork butt and shred meat with a fork. Place shredded pork back into slow cooker.
- Serve topped with a few slices of avocado, lime wedge, and warm corn tortillas.