Frozen yogurt bark topped with fresh blueberries and crunchy pistachios is a simple, quick cool summer treat on a hot, humid day.
This post contains affiliate links. I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post. Read my policy here.
The Northeast has been sweltering and so humid these last couple of weeks. Frozen yogurt bark is a healthy snack that helps beat the heat. It’s a recipe that, once you know the method, you can mix and match ingredients to suit your taste.
Frozen Yogurt Bark Ingredients & Substitutions
- Plain Greek Yogurt – I prefer full-fat Greek yogurt for the best flavor and texture, but you do you. I chose plain so I could really customize the flavor but you could also make it even easier on yourself and use a flavored yogurt.
- Blueberries – any fresh berry works well. Pick whatever you like or look best at the market.
- Pistachios – I have been on a pistachio kick lately, but any nuts work here. The idea is to give the bark some crunch. If you cannot eat nuts, try seeds like pepitas or sunflower seeds. You can also swap in granola.
- Cinnamon and Ginger – the spices are also easy to omit or swap. Lemon zest and vanilla would be delicious with the blueberries. I may give that a try next!
How To Make Frozen Yogurt Bark
- This could not be easier.
- If using spices, mix them into the yogurt.
- Next, spread the yogurt evenly on a lined baking sheet.
- Then top with washed whole blueberries and pistachios.
- Freeze until firm.
Really, it is that simple. Keep it in the freezer in a zip-top bag or airtight container. Then, when you need a refreshing snack, just grab a piece and enjoy!
Frozen Yogurt Bark with Blueberries & Pistachios
- 2 cups plain Greek Yogurt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted pistachios
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- In a medium-sized bowl stir together the plain yogurt, cinnamon, and ginger.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Even spread the yogurt mixture onto lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle on the blueberries and pistachios.
- Place in freezer until firm, about 3 hours.
- Break into pieces and enjoy!
You Might Also Enjoy
Photos by Renato Ghio