These irresistible, hearty pancakes are bursting with blueberries and crunchy pistachios. Plus, they are dairy-free.
This post contains affiliate links. I get commissions for purchases made through links in this post.
These pancakes are inspired by pancakes I had at Silver Diner in Maryland. These were hearty suckers made with oat milk, blueberries, pistachios, a protein-rich batter, and topped with almond-coconut whipped cream. They were incredibly filling, and I was immediately smitten with the flavor combination. I knew I had to come home and make my own version.
I am under no illusion that my version is not an exact re-creation, and also undoubtedly not as protein-packed or as healthy. However, the core flavors of nutty oat milk, bursting blueberries, and crunchy pistachio are all there and make them just as irresistible.
Ingredients for Blueberry Pistachio Oat Milk Pancakes
- Original Bisquick mix – yes, I took a shortcut. Kodiak Cakes Protein Buttermilk Pancake mix also works very well.
- Baking Powder – this gives the pancakes a little extra lift.
- Oat Milk – go with oat milk labeled original, plain, or unflavored. There’s no need for added flavors or sugar. Personally, I like Original from Rise (a CT-based company).
- Blueberries – you can use fresh or frozen blueberries. Either work in this recipe. If you use frozen, be sure to thaw them out first and drain some of the residual liquid/juice before adding to the batter.
- Pistachios – look for dry roasted, unsalted pistachios that come already shelled. I prefer the ones from Trader Joe’s.
How to Make Blueberry Pistachio Oat Milk Pancakes
Not that you really need specific instructions. I mean, it’s pancakes, like, mix all the ingredients together and ta-da. However, it’s important to highlight that you do NOT want to overmix the batter. A few lumps are OK. I break it down into three steps.
First, I whisk together the Bisquick with the baking powder. Second, I whisk in the liquid ingredients, which in this case, are the oat milk and eggs. And then third, I put down the whisk and use a spoon or rubber spatula to gently stir in the fruit and nuts.
A Few Recommendations
You can grease your griddle or pan before pouring on the batter. To be honest, I don’t do that most of the time. I think my well-seasoned griddle makes pancakes better without pre-greasing. This is up to you.
I like to serve these with butter and real maple syrup. But, the options are all up to you and your tastes, preferences, etc. You could always whip up some coconut cream or drizzle on agave syrup.
Blueberry Pistachio Oat Milk Pancakes
- 2 cups Bisquick
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1.25 cups oat milk
- 1 cup blueberries fresh or frozen (thawed)
- 1 cup roasted, unsalted pistachios halved or chopped
- Heat a griddle or large pan over medium-high heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the Bisquick and baking powder. Whisk the oat milk and eggs into the dry ingredients until just combined. Gently stir in the blueberries and pistachios.
- Grease the hot griddle or pan.
- Ladle 1/4 cupfuls of batter onto the hot griddle or pan. Cook until small bubbles form on the surface and the edges begin to firm up. Flip and cook for another 1-2 minutes until the pancakes are cooked through and golden. Repeat until the batter is done.
- Serve immediately.