This is unique blueberry, corn, and avocado salsa is all about a little sweet with a little heat. It’s easy to make, ready in about 10 minutes, and tastes great even without tortilla chips.
Disclosure: I received a box of Wholesome Pantry snacks from ShopRite to facilitate this post. I received no other compensation and the opinions contained herein are my own and reflect my experience with the products. Your own may differ.
Blueberries give just enough sweetness to balance out the heat from the jalapeno. The fresh corn gives each bite a little crunch and, of course, avocado chunks lend a nice creaminess. A hearty dose of lime offers a tanginess that helps marry all the flavors together.
The perfect accompaniment to this salsa is the Wholesome Pantry Sweet Potato Tortilla Chips. They are sturdy enough to handle this weighty salsa and their sweet and salty flavor enhances what’s already going on flavorwise. It’s a pretty perfect match.
Tip for Making Blueberry Corn Avocado Salsa
In this recipe, I use fresh raw corn kernels, cut directly from the cob. Here is one of the easiest ways I’ve found to do this without making a complete mess:
- After you’ve husked your corn, stand one end of the corn cob in the middle of a bundt pan. The hole in the middle of the pan allows you to hold the corn cob securely so you can easily cut the corn kernels off the cob.
- With a sharp knife, cut the kernels off from top to bottom. Repeat all the way around the cob.
This trick lets you maintain a nice grip on the cob and the kernels fall into the pan not on the counter or the floor or all over you.
The lime and avocado obviously came from the grocery store, but everything else came from the farmer’s market.
Spicy Blueberry Corn Salsa
- 1 ear of corn kernels cut from the cob
- 1/4 cup diced white onion
- 1/2 jalapeno deseeded and minced
- 1 large red tomato diced
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 avocado diced
- 1 tablespoon minced cilantro
- 1 lime juiced
- Salt to taste
- Add all the ingredients to a large bowl. Season with salt to your taste. Toss until well combined.
- Cover and put in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes to give time for the flavors to come together. Serve with tortilla chips.
Photos by Renato Ghio