If you want a crowd-pleaser for summer get-togethers, make this lemon dill ricotta dip. It blends creamy ricotta with garden fresh herbs and lemon plus a touch of chipotle mayo for some spiciness. It’s creamy, fresh, and only takes five minutes to whip up. Serve it with crudité, crackers, toasted bread slices, or, of course, chips.
When I saw the canister of The Good Crisp Company original flavored potato chips in this month’s Degustabox I immediately wanted chips with dip. Ah yes, my weakness for salty snacks strikes again. Think of these chips as a healthier alternative to Pringles. They are certified gluten-free, use no artificial flavors or colors, and are free from GMO ingredients.
I had just harvested a ton of dill and chives from the garden so I wanted to use them both. Lemon goes great with fresh herbs, adding to the bright flavor. Then I spied some Calabro ricotta in the fridge, which makes for a nice creamy dip base. And while all that would be a good combination, I needed more flavor to make it great. Enter a clove of garlic and a touch of Sir Kensington’s chipotle mayo. Perfect amount of spiciness and flavor.
Honestly, in five minutes, I had a company-worthy dip ready to dive in to.
Lemon Dill Ricotta Dip
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- Juice 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons chipotle mayo
- 3/4 cup ricotta
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- In a medium sized bowl add the minced garlic clove, chopped chives, chopped dill, lemon juice, chipotle mayo, and ricotta. Stir until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately. Can be refrigerated up to 3 days.
Photos by Renato Ghio