Chocolate bark is an incredibly simple sweet holiday treat. It’s not only perfect to whip up as a last minute dessert for a holiday party or dinner, but it also makes a lovely gift.
For this version, I went with the classic combo of cranberry and almond. The beauty is that once you know the method for making it, you can easily adapt the recipe and use whatever type of chocolate, spices, nuts and dried fruits you enjoy.
Chunky Cranberry Almond Dark Chocolate Bark
- 12 ounces dark chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried, unsweetened cranberries
- ¾ cup chopped almonds
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the chopped almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes or until lightly browned and fragrant. Transfer the nuts to a bowl and let cool.
- Line another rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Melt the chocolate either in the microwave or on the stove. Microwave method: Place the chocolate chips in a medium-sized microwaveable bowl (preferably glass) and microwave on high, stirring every 15 seconds, until the chocolate is melted. Stove method: In a small saucepan over low heat, bring about 2 inches of water to a low simmer. Place the chocolate chips in a small heat safe bowl (preferably glass) and set it over the pan of water. Stir the chocolate until melted, about 3-4 minutes.
- Using a rubber spatula, stir in the ground ginger, ½ cup dried cranberries and ½ cup toasted almonds.
- Spread the mixture onto the parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the remaining ¼ cup dried cranberries and ¼ cup toasted almonds on top. Gently press the toppings into the bark to adhere.
- Refrigerate 20 minutes or until the chocolate is firm. Break into pieces and serve or create individual packages to give as gifts. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat or give away.