I’m not really one for “girly” cocktails, but in summer it is kind of fun to have a drink with a little flair. You know, something that’s not too heavy with a little fruit. It was with that in mind that I made plans for a bottle of the Topo Chico Mineral Water from my Degustabox.
Like I mentioned in my Degustabox review, I love bubble water. Instead of having it all on it’s own, this time I thought I would make something special. After all, it was 5pm so a cocktail was most definitely in order.
A last minute ah-ha moment to use one of the very ripe strawberries sitting on the counter brought everything together. This cocktail is perfect to sip on a hot summer evening, or afternoon for that matter. It would also be a pretty steller adult drink option for brunch too. And I must admit, a muddled strawberry gives the drink a cute, yes I said cute, pink hue. Of course, you could use whatever berry or fruit you have on hand.
Cheers to summer.
Strawberry Elderflower Gin Fizz
- 1 ripe strawberry, chopped
- 2 ounces gin
- 1 ounce elderflower liqueur
- Topo Chico Mineral Water
- In a cocktail shaker muddle the chopped strawberry.
- Pour in the gin and elderflower liqueur. Add ice and shake for about 20 seconds.
- Strain into a highball glass filled with ice.
- Top off with the Topo Chico Mineral Water.
- Garnish with a slice of strawberry and serve.