Back in the day I used to be able to eat an entire pint of Ben + Jerry’s Chunky Monkey ice cream in one sitting. I felt no guilt and I also did not gain a pound. Oh, those were the days!
Now, just the thought of eating that much ice cream gives me a headache. Yes, I will still indulge in moderately portioned sweet treats, but I also like to find ways to make them a little bit healthier. That’s where this Not-So-Chunky Monkey Smoothie comes in.
This smoothie is dairy-free and there is no added sweetener, that means it’s vegan and paleo friendly. And while I’m not much for counting calories, I do love the fact that this smoothie tastes totally indulgent but only has 240 calories per serving.
Be sure to check out the quick how-to video where I also give you a quick tip on freezing bananas … and then make yourself this peanut buttery chocolatey treat.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 tablespoon natural peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon Max’s Best peanut butter protein powder
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 5-6 ice cubes (optional)
- Starting with the liquid ingredients, place everything in a blender and puree until smooth.
- Pour and serve immediately.