Ever dreamed of being able to pick a ripe tomato from a plant right in own your backyard? What about snipping fresh herbs from a planter on your patio? Don’t know here to begin? Think you can’t do it? Well, Holbrook Farm is here to help.
Sure Mr. Holbrook and Jess, the Farm Manager, are always available for help and guidance with any and all gardening/farming questions, but people wanted more. So, since there was an overwhelming demand, they decided to put together a quick seminar to help you get a jump start on your veggies this year.
Here’s all the important info:
When: Saturday, March 21st 9:30am – 11:30am
Where: Holbrook Farm, 45 Turkey Plain Road, Bethel, CT 06801
The event will be hosted in the retail greenhouse next to the farm market. The heat will be on, but they advise folks to dress for cold temperatures. They will go through best growing practices, how to amend soils, when to start what plants, how to plan for succession planting, and answer questions.
The event costs $30 and includes:
- 1 bag of Holbrook Farm “Black Gold” Compost
- 1 Voucher for 3 tomato plants ($15 value)
- 1 Voucher for 3 six-packs of cold crops ($9 value)
- 1 pack of seeds of your choice from High Mowing Organic Seed Co.
- Plus a morning treat of hot coffee from Redding Roasters and scones from Dere St. Bakery
If you have ever wanted to give growing something a try, this sounds like the perfect event.
Get your tickets here: http://www.squareup.com/market/holbrook_farm