I’ve said it before but it’s worth repeating – some mornings just call for pancakes. In this case, however, there’s no need to feel guilty. These can actually be considered “good-for you.”
This recipe was another collaboration with Max (Max’s Best Bootcamp). I won’t lie, it was a lot of trial and error before I came up with a combination that would get Max’s seal of approval and meet my taste standards. Let’s just say Renato ate many short stacks before he too gave them a thumbs up. It was a tough job but someone had to do it.
Since these dairy-free, paleo friendly pancakes are packed with protein, that means they are really filling. They are the perfect fuel to start your day, any day of the week. And I mean, after all, they are pancakes, so they’re sure to put a smile on your face even on a Monday.
- 1/2 cup toasted almond flavor protein powder (Max’s Best)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- Coconut oil (or butter) for the griddle
- 1 pint strawberries, washed and hulled
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon local honey
- Preheat a griddle pan over medium high heat.
- In a blender combine the strawberries, lemon juice and honey. Puree until smooth. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl whisk together the eggs, coconut milk and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl whisk the protein powder, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Pour the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir until well combined. Be sure to break up any lumps.
- Grease up your griddle with a pat of butter or a spoonful of coconut oil.
- In batches, using a ladle, spoon some of the batter onto the griddle. When bubbles begin to form on the top of the pancake, flip and let cook another minute.
- Serve warm topped with strawberry sauce instead of syrup.