|Photo by Renato Ghio|
I don’t have a big sweet tooth but boy there is something about apple pie in the Fall that I just cannot resist. And while, yes, I have had cold apple pie for breakfast, I thought maybe there was a way to get the same flavors in a slightly healthier way. Enter this Apple Pie Smoothie.
I was lucky enough to have a second appearance on WTNH’s CT Style last Friday and this recipe was a big hit. No wonder, because it really does taste like apple pie in a glass.
Apple Pie Smoothie
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 ripe banana, chopped
- 2 apples, cored and chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon allspice
- 1-2 pinches of ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup (optional)
- Place all the ingredients into a blender.
- Put on the lid and process until smooth, about 30-60 seconds.
Now I totally plan on playing around with ingredients for, yup you guessed it, a pumpkin pie smoothie.
This sounds delicious (and yes, I too, have had cold apple pie for breakfast…this will definitely be a healthier option!)
Enjoy! I definitely going to play around with ingredients for a pumpkin pie smoothie now.
Love how straightforward the recipe is!
Love how straightforward this recipe is!