After a field trip to the farmer’s market where the kale was looking extra good, we knew we had to give the people what they wanted.
When you crave a snack but want to keep it healthy then kale chips are a great way to go. They are super easy to make and satisfy the need for something crunchy and salty.
We kept ’em plain but once you have the technique down, have fun with it when it comes to seasoning. Go Tex-Mex with cumin and chili powder, or go Indian with some curry powder or garam masala.
- 1 bunch kale, washed and dried thoroughly
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Sea salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit
- Remove kale leaves from stem and tear into chip-sized pieces. Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Pour coconut oil over the kale pieces. Using your hands, toss the kale and oil together. You want to make sure that all the kale pieces are fully coated with the oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the seasoned kale pieces in a single layer on a parchment paper lined rimmed baking sheet. (If you have more kale pieces than can fit in a single layer, just repeat the baking process one sheet at a time.)
- Place in the oven for 25 minutes, rotating half-way through cooking time.
- Remove from oven and enjoy!