The Greenwich 2014 Wine + Food Festival presented by Serendipity Magazine has just announced the honorees for this year’s Most Innovative Chefs Gala. At the Sept. 25th gala, the 14 chefs will create and serve some of their ingenious foods.
In addition, chef restaurateur Jean-Georges Vongerichten will be honored at the event as will be chef restaurateur, author and TV personality Geoffrey Zakarian (“Chopped,” “The Kitchen”).
|Chef Forrest Pasternack of Bailey’s Backyard is among the honorees
for the Greenwich Wine + Food Festival Most Innovative Chefs
The honorees include:
- Devin Bozkaya, The Bedford Post Inn, Bedford, NY
- Gustave Christman, Harvest Wine Bar and Restaurant, Greenwich, CT
- Samantha Eichenberg, The Dessertist, Westchester, NY
- Blake Farrar, The Inn at Pound Ridge by Jean-Georges, Pound Ridge, NY
- Giorgio Giacinto, Da Giorgio, New Rochelle, NY
- Anthony Goncalves, 42, White Plains, NY
- Nicholas Martschenko, South End, New Canaan, CT
- Chaz Mazas, Mama’s Boy Southern Table and Refuge, South Norwalk, CT
- Forrest Pasternack, Bailey’s Backyard, Ridgefield, CT
- Reuben Palma, Gabriele’s Italian Steakhouse, Greenwich, CT
- Christian Petroni, Fortina, Armonk, NY
- Nancy Roper, TRUCK restaurant, Bedford, NY
- David Synder, Char, Greenwich, CT
- Adam Truelove, Napa + Co., Stamford, CT
“These fourteen local talents have created a buzz in our community by offering something unique that stands out from terrific talent in our area. We couldn’t be more excited to also honor Geoffrey and Jean-Georges this year, as both of these culinary successes embody the meaning of innovative cuisine and presentation,” said Suni Unger, Founder + CEO of Unger Publishing, the publisher of Serendipity magazine.
The evening beings at 6:30pm and will be capped off by a performance by Southern/Country rock group The Marshall Tucker Band.
Tickets are now on sale for events throughout the entire weekend, including the Kick-Off Oysters + Wine tasting, the Most Innovative Chefs Gala and the Saturday Festival including the Culinary Village and the Taste of the South. They are available through www.greenwichwineandfood.com or by calling 203.588.1363. The event’s Facebook page, www.facebook.com/GreenwichFoodWineFestival, will be announcing restaurant participants, as they become available.
Visit www.greenwichwineandfood.com for more information and updates about the event schedule, participating celebrity and local chefs, musical talent and more.