On Sunday we were among the thousands (yes, thousands) of people who flocked to the Webster Bank Arena for the 6th annual Chowdafest. We slurped our way through 32 soups, bisques and all kinds of chowders to not only vote for which ones reigned supreme, but also to help raise money and donations for the Connecticut Food Bank.
Beyond all the soups and chowders there was also beer, wine and ice cream. Plus, new this year, there were chef demos with Hunter Zampa, Chef Pietro Scotti, Chef Plum, and Chef Forrest Pasternack.
Check out all the action in our recap video.
So, which restaurants earned bragging rights? …drum roll please …. the Chowdafest 2014 winners are:
- 3rd Place: Local Kitchen, After School Bisque
- 2nd Place: Cask Republic, Spiced Butternut Squash Soup
- 1st Place: Bistro 7, Buttery Nut Bisque
- 3rd Place: Ginger Man, Sweet Potato Clam Chowder
- 2nd Place: The Spread, Corn, Crab + Poblano Chowder
- 1st Place: Brewhouse, Chicken + Roasted Corn Chowder
Traditional Clam Chowder
- 3rd Place: Brennan’s, Rhode Island Clam Chowder
- 2nd Place: Liquid Lunch, Manhattan Clam Chowder
- 1st Place: Dunville’s, Manhattan Clam Chowder
Classic New England Clam Chowder
- 3rd Place: Rory’s
- 2nd Place: Guvnor’s Brewery
- 1st Place: Donovan’s
It was a great time and helped support a great cause. We cannot wait until next year!