We are a household that relishes leftovers. Re-heat for lunch at work – perfect. Add a few additional ingredients and turn them into an entirely new meal – even better.
Case in point: A cup and half of leftover roasted butternut squash got a whole new life with the addition of some black beans and frozen corn kernels. I kind of hate to admit it, but I think these tacos were better than the original dinner with the butternut squash!
Makes 8-10 soft tacos
- 1 1/2 cups diced, roasted butternut squash
- 2 cups black beans, cooked
- 2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- Salt, to taste
- Corn tortillas
- Salsa (optional)
- Lime wedges (optional)
- In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the corn and black beans.
- Cook until heated through, then add the butternut squash.
- Season with the chili powder and a pinch or two of salt.
- continue to cook until the butternut squash is fully re-heated.
- Serve with corn tortillas, salsa, and lime wedges.
What are ways you reinvent leftovers?