This week we savored our first local watermelon of the season. It was incredibly juicy and sweet. We ate a good portion of it just standing at the kitchen counter cutting piece after piece. It’s a wonder we didn’t eat the entire thing within the first couple of days.
After this week’s many early morning wake-ups and long work days, I believe we’ve earned a little reward. We will finish our local watermelon in a nice adult beverage to usher in a relaxing weekend at home.
- 3 parts pureed watermelon
- 4 parts Onyx Moonshine (or vodka)
- 2 parts Triple Sec
- 1 part fresh squeezed lime juice
- Watermelon wedge for garnish (optional)
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Pour in watermelon puree, moonshine, triple sec and lime juice.
- Gently shake and strain into a martini glass.
- Garnish with a small watermelon wedge and serve.