Yup, it’s a zucchini recipe. There’s not much more to say.
Well, one more thing. While at my recent cooking demo at Gossett’s Farmer’s Market I did overhear a non-zucchini eater say that this recipe might just get her to eat zucchini. Maybe I can give her some of mine…
- 1 yellow squash
- 1 zucchini
- 2 scallions
- 1/4 cup fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons lemon infused olive oil
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- crumbled goat cheese (optional)
- Using a mandoline, slice the squash and zucchini paper thin.
- Arrange the slices on a platter. Overlap the slices and alternate between the squash and zucchini.
- Thinly sliced the scallions on an angle and scattered over the squash and zucchini slices.
- Cut the fresh mint leaves into thin ribbons (chiffonade). Scatter the strips over the platter.
- Season with salt and pepper (to taste).
- Whisk together lemon olive oil, olive oil, white balsamic vinegar, a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Pour over the platter.
- For a finishing touch, crumble some goat cheese and scatter over the platter.
- Serve it up.
- Don’t have lemon infused olive oil? Just swap in the juice from half a lemon and add a couple more tablespoons of regular olive oil.
- No scallions? Try thinly sliced red onion.
- Try this recipe with a variety of thinly sliced vegetables. Some suggestions: radish, carrots…