On the menu was asparagus brushed with just olive oil, salt and pepper followed by polenta rounds grilled until just crispy on the outside that we then topped with a ramp pesto. We threw on a couple of sausages to round things out. It was local deliciousness, plus no pots and pans to clean.
- 1 bunch ramps
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Pecorino Romano cheese
- Salt to taste
- Wash the ramps and trim off the roots.
- Coarsely chop the ramps and add them to a food processor.
- Coarsely chop the walnuts and add them to the ramps.
- Pour in the olive oil and add a pinch or two of salt.
- Put the lid on the food processor and pulse everything until it is pulverized into a green paste.
- Pour it into a bowl and stir in the grated cheese.
- Feel free to add more olive oil for a thinner consistency.
- You can toast the walnuts for a deeper flavor.