Did you know February is “National Snack Foods Month?” Well, Kitchen Gardeners International (KGI) doesn’t like the sound of that (and I have to agree). Listen, I like a chip or two or a dozen, but I don’t think it’s a good idea to celebrate junk food. It kind of gets enough attention as it is.
The 20ate Goals for February 2011:
- 2800 participants tweeting and eating their way to cleaner consciences and colons (it’s true: real food=roughage).
- 2800 new KGI fanpage members. Heck, let’s go for 28,000 and overtake the “Cheetos” page while we’re at it!
- $2800 raised to help support food garden promotion in the US and abroad on World Kitchen Garden Day.
How can we help?
- Opt-out of Snack Food Month by not buying processed snack foods or junk foods for the month of February and opt-in for real foods which taste better, make you feel better and often cost less when you make them yourself.
- Sing your participation in the 20ate campaign from the rooftops on Twitter and Facebook using the #20ate hashtag.
- “Like” KGI’s Facebook fanpage to help build their online presence.
- Donate some of your savings from #1 to a healthy & sustainable food cause you’ve always wanted to support. KGI is currently raising funds for coordination of “World Kitchen Garden Day” (August 28th), food gardeners’ answer to Snack Food Month.