Inspired by a recipe on Sarah’s Cucina Bella where she paired tomatillos and tomatoes in a salsa, I thought I’d combine the two ingredients in a light salad to accompany some grilled chicken. The flavor combo of the sweet yellow pear tomatoes mixed with the tart tomatillos and fresh herbs was perfect.
Double T Salad
- 6 tomatillos, husked, rinsed and quartered
- 9 yellow pear tomatoes, quartered
- 1/2 small white onion, diced
- 1/2 hot cherry pepper, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Add all the vegetables and parsley into a medium-sized bowl.
- In a small bowl whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Pour the dressing on the veggies and toss to evenly distribute.