My second cooking demo of the season was this past Saturday at the Litchfield Hills Farm Fresh Market. Once again I had a friend in the audience. Thanks Laura for driving all the way to show your support! Be sure to check out The Farming Journalist for her wonderful photo essay of the market.
- 2 cups zucchini, diced
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon fresh mint, minced
- ¼ cup toasted sliced almonds
- 2 Tablespoons Red wine vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Add to a large bowl: zucchini, raspberries, scallions, parsley and mint.
- In a small bowl whisk together the vinegar, orange juice, honey, mustard and olive oil. Salt & pepper to taste.
- Pour the dressing over the veggies. Stir gently.
- Let it sit for about 10 minutes before serving to let the flavors combine.
- Just before serving toss in the toasted sliced almonds.
- Give this salsa some kick – just add a minced jalapeno.
- This salsa is perfect on a nice light fish like tilapia or barramundi. It’s also a nice compliment to grilled shrimp.