The Citycenter Danbury Farmer’s Market opens this Friday and I cannot wait! It’ll be every Friday in Kennedy Park from 11am to 4pm until Oct. 24.
This year’s vendors are:
- El’s Kitchen (Weston, CT) – spice rubs
- Clatter Valley Farm (New Milford, CT) – local produce
- Geremia Gardens (Southington, CT) – local produce
- Madera Farms (Middletown, CT) – mushrooms, micro-greens, herbs, etc.
- New Milford Youth Agency (New Milford, CT) – maple syrup products, honey, produce
- Olive Oil of the World (Pawling, NY) – rubs and olive oils
- Pepe’s Cream of the Crop (Stratford, CT) – hard shell clams
- Smith’s Acres (Niantic, CT) – plants, vegetables, fruit, flowers
This year artists from the Housatonic Valley Cultural Alliance will be participating in ‘plein air’ painting while displaying their artwork for purchase during market hours. Additionally, there are plans to have food education, healthy cooking demos, health screenings and other wellness activities to promote a healthy and active lifestyle. Dancers from A Common Ground will be on hand to demonstrate the benefits of exercise. Sounds pretty great to me!