In honor of today being Friday, here are two harvest inspired cocktails from my party!
- 1 oz. bourbon
- 1/2 oz. maple syrup
- 1/2 oz. lemon juice
- Orange or lemon peel for garnish
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, pour in the bourbon, maple syrup and lemon juice.
- Shake it up.
- Strain into a martini glass
- Garnish with the lemon/orange peel.
(This is a chilled version of a normally hot drink called Cinnamon Toast)
- 2 oz. spiced rum
- 3 oz. apple cider (room temp.)
- cinnamon and sugar, for garnish
- apple slice for garnish
- Mix together equal parts cinnamon and sugar into a shallow dish.
- Wet the rim of a martini glass and turn it in the cinnamon and sugar mix.
- In a cocktail shaker over ice, pour in the spiced rum and apple cider.
- Shake it!
- Strain into the martini glass and garnish with the apple slice.