This past weekend was another amazing time at the Litchfield Hills Farm Fresh Market. I didn’t even have any leftovers from my cooking demo to take home. Must have been a hit! Here’s what I made.
Herbed White Bean and Squash Salad
Makes 4-6 servings
- 2 cups yellow squash, diced
- 1 cup zucchini, diced
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon basil, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon parsley, chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Salt (to taste)
- In a small bowl whisk together the olive oil and vinegar.
- Finely chop the basil, parsley, and chives.
- Mince the garlic.
- Add the garlic and herbs to the dressing.
- Toss in a dash of salt and a teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes to the dressing. Set the dressing aside.
- Dice the squash and zucchini. Place the pieces into a large bowl.
- Add in 2 cups of cooked cannellini beans.
- Pour the herb dressing over the vegetables. Mix until everything looks nicely coated with the dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes so the flavors really come together.
- Then it’s ready to serve.
- To turn this salad into a main course, throw in some pasta. Just be sure to double the amount of olive oil and vinegar.