Last night I went to my first party of the holiday season. It was an open house hosted by the Litchfield Hills Food Systems. It was a delightful evening complete with a light supper made of Connecticut Grown ingredients.
- 4 cups Napa or Savoy cabbage, finely sliced
- 2 cups tart green apple, peeled, cut in disks and finely sliced
- 2 cups flat leaf parsley, loosely chopped
- 2 cup dried cranberries, coursely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh rosemary, roughly minced
- 4-6 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon
- Finger toss the cabbage, parsley and rosemary thoroughly in a large serving bowl
- Put lemon into the bottom of a separate bowl and add apple slivers tossing gently to coat.
- Combine apples with cabbage mixture.
- Toss occassionally over 1/2 hour to distribute flavors, then refrigerate.
- Combine cranberries just before serving or they will turn the salad pink (OK for flavor, but not as pretty).
- Serve cold or at room temperature. This dish is “Table Stable.”